Tuesday 28 February 2012

When Killers Cry

So having been on this planet for some time now, I am at last making headway in understanding how all the systems work, and have finally found an outlet for my creative juices. Yes, fellow travellers, a tome set in the Southernmost Colony is now available for all to buy, read, ponder and hopefully enjoy. All comments are welcome, as long as they are helpful and constructive and do not attack me, my body, my family, my cat or anyone else that knows me, personally. It is a daunting task to release one's first baby into the galaxy, and as any proud mother, I do hope it will be found, if not beautiful, at least entertaining and a little bit informative. It is not intended to be the definitive guide to all things 'apartheid', or even to compare in any way to Tolstoy or Grisham or Agatha Christie, although I do hope that some time in the future Charlize Theron and Arnold Vosloo will star in the Spielberg film, because at least they'll get the accents right. I'd settle for Leo of course, whose accent wasn't bad at all....or Damon...I digress...

Now, it does include some events from a dark time in the Colony's history, when I was but an undeveloped being, and these events are sometimes hard to read, especially if one grew up in the Southernmost Colony and did not know that the Colony had a vast army of beings flitting around disposing of enemies of the state. And it contains some 'colourful' language, which does not in any way reflect my own language or behaviour. For this is a work of fiction and the characters are creations of my over-active mind, and do not in any way resemble me or anyone that knows me. Really, they don't and if you think you see yourself in any of the characters, believe me when I tell you this...it's not YOU!

That said, I really hope you'll take the time to visit the vast cyber-shopping mall known as Amazon and will go to the section named after the stuff you make fires from, Kindle, and search therein for When Killers Cry, and will download it to whatever technological device you have in your possession. And if you do not own such devices and perhaps still live in the Colony, where it appears these small devices cost a veritable 'eish' amount of rands, then it can be purchased from here:
Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

May the Force be with you all. Now get buying and tell all your friends to tell their friends to tell their friends...I need to make a trip to the Colony to catch up with those I left behind and have not seen for far too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment