Thursday 22 October 2009

A little rant...

When a being grows up in a system, he simply thinks that’s the way it should be. So to a New Planetarian, who has grown up with an efficient and functioning state of governance, it can be hard to understand a newly arrived alien going on about all the red tape and not realising the importance of doing things strictly according to the book. It’s hard to explain exactly why the way things get done seems so pernickety and officious.

But it’s something I get used to and begin to appreciate eventually. Once I have figured out “the system”, I realise that it works. One thing the New Planetarians do very well is run my life for me. Getting on the wrong side of the system, is not clever.

My point of view is this, and forgive me as I rant a while, if I’m going to go and live on a foreign planet on the other side of the Galaxy, and believe me the New Planet is foreign even if they do (sort of) speak the same language, it’s no good expecting things to be like they were at home. You can’t come and live on the New Planet and still expect to live under the laws of the Southernmost Colony. If driving like a lunatic while in command of an unroadworthy all terrain vehicle was acceptable in the Colony, it’s not acceptable here.

Nothing riles me more than those beings that have crossed the Galaxy to make a new home on this planet, and then completely disregard the way things are done here. Generally, this is a law-abiding society and if you can’t hack the law and can’t be bothered to obey, get on your spacecraft and go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment